Michael Rosenbaum goes to a lot of 80s concerts
Michael Rosenbaum is an actor probably best known for portraying Lex Luthor on Smallville. Currently he stars in TV Land’s Impastor, which recently kicked off its second season, where he portrays a man who steals another man’s identity and ends up posing as a gay pastor in a small town. Michael was nice enough to take a few minutes from his busy schedule to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Probably a Jack and Diet. I’m from Indiana, that’s what we drink, but I live in L.A., so hence the diet.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I love Bruce Campbell. I worked with him, he’s hilarious and comments on everything. Carrie Fisher is ridiculous and brilliant, so she’s fun. And Michael Ian Black kills me.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Dateline, of course.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Olive Garden, baby!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
RedTube.com. Don’t go to that… it’s a porn site.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Sailing” by Christopher Cross. “If You Leave Me Now” by Chicago.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t worry. Once you grow pubic hair, fix your grill and grow nine inches… you’ll eventually get laid.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Halloween onesies for adults.
9. Dogs or cats?
I love all animals, especially my dog Irv. He’s named after my grandfather Irv… who’s still alive.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I go to so many ’80s concerts, so this is a really difficult question. Chicago, I’ve seen them so many times, love them. Guns N’ Roses at the Hard Rock in Vegas. Def Leppard at the Hard Rock in Vegas. ELO at the Hollywood Bowl. Human League at the Microsoft Theatre.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
It would be a book about farts. I have many fart books.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
There are a lot of great people out there, a lot of nice things have been done for me. A fan once sent me an Impastor version of the game Clue, and the thing was unbelievable. I mean it was so elaborate, really lovely gift.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Probably nap… or go to Disney World… or go to Universal Horror Nights.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Tommy Boy, Empire Strikes Back, Alien, The Shining, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Slapshot. Arthur (Dudley Moore version).
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I love the New York Giants. Anything New York — New York Giants, New York Knicks, New York Rangers and New York Mets. I hate the Yankees.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Gibbys in Montreal. Holy shit, what a steak.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
The Blair Witch 2016. Just saw it and I love horror movies. Not a great flick, but the last 15 minutes almost made me piss myself.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Probably Goldie Hawn. I think I saw a vagina in the movie Private Benjamin. I don’t think it was her vagina, but I still have a crush on her. Met Goldie and Kurt Russell a few months ago and they were wonderful.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Olive Garden. Or Sonic. My sister works at Sonic, so I’d get Nic some free shit.